- Masters degree from any recognized University/Institute or its equivalent.
- Final year Masters students who are yet to obtain their degree may also appear in the admission procedure.
- At the time of admission only candidates with a M.Sc. degree or equivalent degree with at least 55% marks in the subject concerned will be considered.
- However, for candidates awaiting their results, provisional admission with special permission of the Director may be allowed.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have qualified in UGC/CSIR NET JRF or have other equivalent fellowship like DBT, INSPIRE, NBHM and ICMR etc.
- Candidates qualified in National level eligibility test) CSIR/UGC/NET-LS/NET-JRF/GATE) may also apply.
How to Apply:
- List of shortlisted candidates (based on merit, subject specialization and required research area) for Test/Interview will be published in the IISER-Kolkata website tentatively in the third week of April, 2012.
- The interview date will be announced along with the shortlisted candidates list.
- The selected candidates will receive the offer letter containing also the last date for joining shortly after the interview.
Application Forms are available from the link: http://registration.iiserkol.ac.in/PhD_Application.html
Selected candidates for test/interview should bring a hard copy of application along with the required documents at the time of test/interview.
Last Date for Submission of Application Forms:
For more details Click here