The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) is the premier national agency for the formulation, promotion and conduct of biomedical research in India .
Number Of Fellowships
Young Scientists: 12 fellowships
Senior Scientists: 6 fellowships
Duration Of the Fellowships:
Young Scientists: 3 - 6 months
Senior Scientists: 10-15days
Value of the Fellowships:
Young Scientists: US $2400 per month which includes accommodation and other expenses and Return economy class excursion airfare (by Air India ).
Senior Scientists: US $160 per day (including US$ 75 as per diem and up to US $85 for accommodation expenses and Return economy class excursion airfare (by Air India ).
- The applicant should be a citizen of India and working in the country.
- The applicant should possess an M.D/Ph.D degree with at least three years teaching/research experience in a recognized Institute after obtaining the requisite qualification.
Age: Below 45 years for young scientists
- Below 55 years for senior scientists.
- The applicant should be employed in a regular position in a recognized Biomedical/ Research/ Health Institution.
- The application should be forwarded by the Employer/Head of the Institution with a statement that the candidate will be considered as a full time employee of the Institution during the period of his/her fellowship.
- The applicant should submit a letter of acceptance from the host Institute where he/she proposes to work during the fellowship.
- The applicant should submit a concrete plan of training pertaining to the project submitted for availing the fellowship.
The selection of the candidate will be based on the evaluation of the merit of the candidate and the training needs in the field of Biomedical research by a Committee of eminent scientists.
Last Date for Sending Applications
For more Details: click here