- India’s Atomic Energy Regulatory Board was admitted as the 11th member of MDEP (Multinational Design Evaluation Programme) on 4 April 2012. The other members of this body are China, Finland, Japan, Korea, South Africa, USA, UK, Canada, France and Russia. MDEP is a multinational initiative taken by national safety authorities to develop innovative approaches to leverage the resources and knowledge of the national regulatory authorities who are currently tasked with the review of new reactor power plant designs. The Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) of the United States and the French Nuclear Safety Authority launched it in 2006.
- India and UAE signed an agreement on 4 April 2012 to ease the entry of Indian contract workers in the Emirates. The agreement was signed in Abu Dhabi, UAE. It provides for an electronic contract registration and validation system to safeguard and protect the interests of migrant Indian workers. The move would ensure a transparent, legal and less cumbersome migration of Indian workers to the Emirates. India is the first country with which the United Arab Emirates has entered into the landmark agreement to safeguard the interests of the migrant Indian workers to the Emirates.
- In the visit of Brazil President Dilma Rouseff, India and Brazil on 30 March agreed to step up efforts towards global reforms, particularly of the U.N. Security Council. The two countries also agreed to further strengthen the bilateral strategic partnership and exploit full potential in areas such as trade, education, defence, space and nuclear energy. Two countries also set a trade target of 15 billion dollars by 2015. The two sides also signed six documents to enhance cooperation in the fields of science and technology, education and culture.
- Indo-Czeck pair of Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek won the doubles title of Miami Masters on 31 March 2012. Paes by winning the Miami Titles took the total number of his career titles to 50.Paes became the 24th player in ATP Tour history to complete 50 doubles titles. World number one Novak Djokovic won the Miami Masters mens title by defeating Andy Murray. In the womens event Agnieszka Radwanska, won the title by defeating Russian Tennis star Maria Sharapova.
- Geeta Kumari , the woman wrestler, won a gold in 55kg category at the ongoing Asian qualifying tournament in Astana, Kazakhastan. With this victory she also made a history, as she became the first Indian woman wrestler to have ever qualified for the Olympics.
- China won the men's world team table tennis championship title with a 3-0 victory over hosts Germany in the final held in Dormant (Germany).
- NKP SALVE- Former BCCI president and former Union Minister and former BCCI president, NKP Salve passed away on 1 April 2012 in New Delhi. He had been the president of the BCCI when India won the World Cup in 1983. He had joined the central cabinet in 1982 under Indira leadership.