Bhasha-Bhavana (Institute of Languages, Literature and Culture)
How to Apply:
- Two year MA courses in Sanskrit; Bengali; English; Hindi; Oriya; Indo-Tibetan Studies; Chinese; Persian; Japanese
- Two year MA course in Functional Hindi (Translation)
- Three year BA (Honours) courses in Sanskrit; Bengali; English; Hindi; Oriya; Persian; Tibetan; Japanese; Santali
- Four year BA (Honours) courses in Persian; Tibetan; Chinese; Japanese preceded by one year preparatory course
- Three year BA course in Functional Hindi (Vocational) Vidya-Bhavana (Institute of Humanities & Social Sciences)
- Two year MA courses in Philosophy; Comparative Religion; Economics; History; Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology; Geography; Mathematics; Journalism & Mass Communication and MA / M Sc course in Anthropology
- Three year BA (Honours) courses in Philosophy; Comparative Religion; Economics; History; Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology; Geography; Mathematics Siksha-Bhavana (Institute of Science)
- Two year M Sc courses in Physics; Chemistry; Mathematics; Zoology; Botany; Statistics; Environmental Science; Computer Science and Biotechnology
- Three year B Sc (Honours) courses in Physics; Chemistry; Mathematics; Zoology; Botany; Statistics; Computer Science
- Five-Year Integrated M Sc course in Physical Science Sangit-Bhavana (Institute of Music, Dance & Drama)
- Two year M Mus courses in Rabindra Sangit; Hindusthani Classical Music (Vocal); Hindusthani Classical Music: Instrumental (Sitar / Esraj / Tabla / Pakhawaj); Kathakali and Manipuri Dance.
- Three year B Mus (Honours) courses in Rabindra Sangit; Hindusthani Classical Music (Vocal); Hindusthani Classical Music: Instrumental (Sitar / Esraj / Tabla / Pakhawaj); Kathakali Dance; Manipuri Dance; Drama and Theatre Arts Kala-Bhavana (Institute of Fine Arts)
- Two year M Fine Arts (MFA) / Advanced Diploma courses in Painting; Mural; Sculpture; Graphic Art (Print Making); Design (Textile); Design (Ceramic); History of Art (only for MFA)
- Four year B Fine Arts (Honours) (BFA) / Diploma Courses in Painting; Sculpture; Graphic Art (Print Making); Design (Textile); Design (Ceramic); History of Art [only for BFA (Hons)]
- Two year Certificate Course in Design
- Bridge Course (leading to MFA) in History of Art Course [three year (one year Bridge course + two year regular course)] for students from other than Fine Arts discipline
- One Year Casual Course for Indian Nationals in Painting / Sculpture / Graphic Art (Print Making) / Design (Textile / Ceramic) / History of Art Palli-Samgathana Vibhaga (Institute of Rural Reconstruction)
- Two year MA course in Rural Development
- Two year MSW course
- Three year BSW (Honours) course
- Four year B Des course (Fee Rs 5000 per semester)
- Two-year Certificate course in (i) Hand-made Paper Making (ii) Artistic Leather Craft (iii) Batik Work (iv) Handloom Weaving (v) Pottery (vi) Wood Work
- Short term casual courses in Craft: (i) Batik & Bandhni (ii) Clay Jewellary (iii) Ceramic Table-ware (iv) Ceramic Tiles (v) Creative Weaving (Tapestry & Hobby loom) (vi) Dyeing and Printing (vii) Glazing and Firing (viii) Hand-made Paper crafts (ix) Leather crafts (x) Natural Dyes (xi) Raku crafts (xii) Wooden Toy Making (xiii) Wooden Table-ware (xiv) Wooden Jewellary (xv) Wood Carving (xvi) Wood Turning (xvii) Book Binding. Duration of each course: 8 weeks to 20 weeks depending upon the subject requirement Palli Siksha Bhavana (Institute of Agriculture)
- Two year M Sc (Ag) courses in Agronomy; Plant Protection; Agricultural Extension; Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry and Horticulture
- Four year B Sc (Ag) Honours course Vinaya-Bhavana (Institute of Education)
- Two year MA in Education course
- Three year BA / B Sc (Honours) in Physical Education course
- One year B P Ed course
- Two year M P Ed course
Interested candidates can either apply online or offline:
To apply offline / in person: Candidates may obtain application form and prospectus in person from the designated branches of United Bank of India (UBI) on payment of the requisite fee of Rs. 140/- for SC / ST candidates and Rs 400 for all other candidates.
To apply online:
Application forms, details of the courses, eligibility criteria and relevant information are available at: http://www.visva-bharati.ac.in/
The application fee should be paid to the VISVA-BHARATI ADMISSION COORDINATION CELL (Account No. 0826050005012) in any branch of UBI.
For more details about admission, eligibility criteria and application procedure, candidates are advised to visit the aforementioned website.
Visva-Bharati remains open on Sundays and fully closed on Wednesdays. On Tuesdays, the University office is open till 1:30 pm.
Last Date for Submission of Application Forms: 15/04/2012
Date of Admission Test: 13/05/2012
For more details Click here