The Ministry of Minority Affairs (MoMA) provides an opportunity to the students belonging to six Minority communities notified by the Government of India (Jain, Buddhist, Sikh, Zoroastrian (Parsis), Muslim and Christian) for Pre Matric scholarship for the year 2019-20.
The Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India invites applications for above scholarship.
The scholarship at Pre-Matric level will encourage parents from minority communities to send their school going children to school, lighten their financial burden on school education and sustain their efforts to support their children to complete school education. The scheme will form the foundation for their educational attainment and provide a level playing field in the competitive employment arena. Empowerment through education, which is one of the objectives of this scheme, has the potential to lead to upliftment of the socio economic conditions of the minority communities.
Rate of Scholarship
Rate of Scholarship
Admission Fee for Class VI to X:
Rs. 500/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
Tuition Fee for Class VI to X:
Rs. 350/- per month subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
For Class I to V:
Rs. 100/- per month for Day Scholar
For Class VI to X:
Rs. 600/- per month for Hosteller
Rs. 100/-per month for Day Scholar
Duration: The scholarships shall be provided for the entire course. Maintenance allowance will be given as fixed lump sum amount in an academic year (as per para-9 below) for 2019-20 to 2021-22.
How to apply:
- Scholarship will be available to the students of minority community studying in Classes I to X.
- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination and annual income of their parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh.
- An Income Certificate, issued from a Competent Authority in the State/UT Governments is required in respect of parent/guardian of the student.
- A Self-Certified Community Certificate is required from the student who has attained 18 years of age. For others the Community Certificate certified by parent/guardian of the student is required.
- The continuance of award (for Renewal applicants) will be subject to securing 50% marks in the previous year examination.
- Maintenance allowance will be provided to hostellers and day scholars.
- Scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family (applicable for all Scholarship schemes meant for minorities under this Ministry taken together).
- Students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick will be decided by the competent authority of the school.
- The school/institute will certify the claim of student of being an outstation student not residing in hostel of the school/institute concerned on the basis of permanent address and parents’ address.
- If a student violates school discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, scholarship may be suspended or cancelled. The State Government/Union Territory Administration can also directly cancel the award if duly satisfied of the reasons of violation of these regulations governing the scheme
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement, his/her scholarship will be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid will be recovered by the concerned State/UT Govt.
- The course/tuition fees and maintenance allowance will be credited to the student’s bank account directly under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
- The student obtaining benefits under this scheme shall not be allowed to avail of benefits under any other scheme for this purpose.
- A student shall be eligible for only one scholarship out of all the available Scholarships of Central Government meant for SC/ST/OBC/minority.
Applicants can apply online mode only. For online application please click here: https://scholarships.gov.in/fresh/newstdRegfrmInstruction
and for Renewal click here: https://scholarships.gov.in/renewal/loginPage.action
15th October, 2019.
For more details, please visit, https://scholarships.gov.in/