Maulana Azad Education Foundation, Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India, offers Scholarship Scheme for Girls Belonging to Minorities
To recognize, promote and assist meritorious Girl students belonging to National Minorities who cannot continue their education without financial support.
Duration and Course of Studies
1. Class 11th and 12th.
2. For study in the above classes and up to two years.
Mode of Selection
From among the applications received by MAEF from each State / Union Territory Government. There is quota for each State / UT.
1. Only Girl Students belonging to National Minorities, (i.e. Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Parsis) can apply :
2. Should have secured not less than 55% marks (in aggregate) in the secondary school certificate examination (Class X) conducted by any recognized Centre/State Board of Secondary Education. The List of 33 recognized Boards/Councils is given in Annexure-III. This is only qualifying percentage for applying and does not guarantee grant of scholarship which is given to the top eligible applicant based on the quota fixed for the concerned state from amongst the eligible application received from the state.
3. Family income of the student from all sources should be less than Rs. 1,00,000/- (Rupees one lakh only) in the preceding financial year:
i. In case of salaried class, the student must indicate the designation, pay-scale; basic pay and other allowances along with total gross & take home emoluments of the parent/guardian. A mere statement saying “Service” will not be acceptable. The student must attach a Salary Certificate or Pension Certificate (in case of retired persons), duly authenticated by controlling authority, of her parent/guardian along with the application.
ii. In case of agriculture/horticulture etc., the students has to mention total land holding with details of irrigated and non-irrigated and other landed property owned by her family along with total income of the family. These details will also be mentioned in the affidavit of the parent/guardian (Annexure) as well as in the certificate from Revenue authority.
iii. In case of business class, the student must categorically state the name & type of the business along with the total turnover and the total income of family. The same details will also be stated in the Affidavit (Annexure) from her parent/ guardian.
iv. Income from all other sources must also be mentioned, specially if mother is also employed.
v. It must be noted that all income certificate and statements made by the students in the application is subject to further verification of Maulana Azad Education Foundation. In case of any deliberate discrepancy/concealment of facts, the MAEF may cancel/recover the scholarship granted/released as well as initiate necessary action as per law.
vi. The income certificate/affidavit (Annexure) must be from the parents/guardian’s side and should have been issued from the respective home station. The income certificate issued or affidavit made from the place where the student is studying, as against the home station, will NOT be acceptable (in case of photocopy, it should be attested by Gazetted Officer or Head of Institution).
4. Should have Confirmed admission in class-XI. Admission Slip issued by the college/school where the student is presently studying and verification of the principal (Annexure), in the prescribed proforma must be sent with the application.
5. The University / College / Institute offering admission should be recognized by the Government at the Central or State level or any other competent authority.
6. It is one time scholarship, and no claim as permanent beneficiary will be entertained. Student once selected for scholarship can not avail the same again.
7. A student getting a scholarship from any other source would not be eligible for this Scholarship.
8. The last date for receipt of application in the office of the Maulana Azad Education Foundation is September 30th which must be adhered to. The application of the scholarship received after 30th September, will not be entertained under any circumstances. MAEF will not be responsible for postal delay in the matter.
9. The amount of Scholarship will be Rs. 12,000/- (Rupees twelve thousand only) which will be released in two installments of Rs. 6,000/- each. The first installment will be released after sanction of scholarship and the second installment will be released when the student will submit proof of passing class XI, and admonition to Class XII in the office of the Foundation.
10. The scholarship is given to student passing X exam and taking admission in XI in the year when result of X exam is declared. Applications received in subsequent years will not be entertained.
Announcement of the Scheme
The last date for receipt of application in the office of the Maulana Azad Education Foundation is September 30th which must be adhered to. The application of the scholarship received after 30th September, will not be entertained under any circumstances. MAEF will not be responsible for postal delay in the matter.
1. Application can be downloaded from the web site www.maef.nic.in. Photocopy of the application form can be used freely. No fee/any other amount is to be paid for application.
2. Application form can be sent by the student directly to the Foundation by post or can be submitted by hand from 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. on all working days in the office of the Foundation.
3. No charges/fee is to be paid to any one for any services.
4. Sanction letter/cheque for scholarship will sent by Regd. Post directly to the address of successful candidate on completion of prescribed papers / formalities.
5. For any query/information, only Secretary, MAEF should be contacted directly.
For more details, please visit: www.maef.nic.in