Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD), Government of India, offers National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement.
Encourage children who had shown exceptional achievement in any field including academics, arts, culture and sports etc
Nature of Awards
A. Gold Medal - 1 (One)
1. A cash prize of Rs.20, 000/-
2. A Citation and certificates, and
3. A Gold Medal
B. Silver Medals - 35 (Thirty five)
1. Award money @ Rs.10, 000/- for each awardee.
2. A citation and certificate for each awardee, and
3. A Silver Medal for each awardee.
Target Group and categories
Children between the age of 4 to 15 years who have shown an exceptional in any field including academics, arts, culture and sports etc. are eligible for this award. One Gold Medal and 35 silver Medals (one for each State / UT) are to be given annually.
1. The last date for submission of nominations for each year is 31st July.
2. Date of announcement of the award: November 14
Criteria for Selection
1. The child is to be selected for the Award should unusual talent and exceptional achievement in any field including academics, arts, culture and sports etc.
2. Age certificate (Date of birth) duly attested by a Gazetted Govt. office may be attached.
3. Tributes/traits, which are claimed to be possessed by the child extraordinary or exceptional, should be reported in the Press, or have been tested by experts in the field. It should also be possible to subject the claim to an objective test.
A National Selection Committee out of the cases recommended by various bodies will make the selection.
Process of Execution
The application should be recommended by State / UT Departments, any Department of Government of India / District Authority, Local Self Government (Panchayat, Zila Parishad, Municipal Corporation etc.), Experts in the field, Member of Parliament, Member of Legislative Assemblies / Legislative Councils and reputed Voluntary Organizations.
For more details, please visit: www.wcd.nic.in