ModelShop.in, a Science Partner of Edinburgh International Science Festival, invites you to an exciting journey into the world of Experiential Science.
The ModelShop School Science Championship seeks to promote excellence by encouraging students to undertake individual or team Science Experiments.
It fosters intensive observation and experiential skills that improves students' understanding of the value of scientific study and informs their consideration of future careers in these disciplines.
Who Can Participate?
- Its India's first offline PRACTICAL Science Challenge with DIY Kit.
- It is not an Online Theoretical Problem-Solution-Business challenge like Iken Scientifica or Google Science Fair.
- Championship is designed by Ex-ISRO Scientists, Science Talent Search Winners and Distinguished Educationalists.
- It’s a Kit Based Practical Scientific Enquiry based competition where participants use an experiment kit for a branch of science for following...
- Ask a Question which is interesting, creative, scientifically worded, and relevant to today's world.
- Test a hypothesis or expected outcome that is tightly focused, follows naturally from the question, and builds on existing knowledge.
- Write a Method that demonstrates that they've used good experimental techniques or testing processes, and describe it clearly and in detail.
- Run Experiment with the given Science Kit.
- Maintain accurate record and present relevant data, results or observations, and describe the patterns or trends these data support.
- Conclude with explanation how your experiment answers your original question or problem, and how it supports your hypothesis - or why it fails to do so.
- It is run by dedicated Science Partners who work with a team of local science teachers who work as mentors and guide.
- Open to students aged 8-15.
All Schools that provide quality Science Education can register themselves as partner for this Championship. The Students of these schools can compete as an individual or as a member of a team.
Govt. Schools or Schools run by charitable organizations are most welcome to contact for FREE entry.
The Advantage of Participating
Participating in the leading science and mathematics research-based Championship for high school students in India:
- Expands your inquiry-base research skills.
- Challenges you to explore some of the Basic concepts in Science.
- Opens new doors in pursuit of your educational and career objectives.
- Provides the opportunity to meet other students who share your interest in science.
- Allows you to engage with distinguished scientists.
- Offers you a chance to win a scholarship.
- Selected students and schools would get a chance to showcase their work in a Science Festival.
Scholarships for winning projects range from
Rs. 1,000 to Rs. 20,000.
Participation and Entry
Contact for Registration:
- Participants are invited for learning with simple Do-It-Yourself science kits in the fields of Energy, Electromagnetism, Mechanics, Electronics and Basic Sciences.
- All Participants are required to choose 3 categories and pay an Entry Fee to register for the competition.
- ModelShop will assign a Science Experiment and will provide all the study materials, kits and observation log book to conduct the experiments.
- Participants will be given three weeks to complete the experiment and submit the observation log book to School.
- Finalists to the championship will be informed and will be invited to participate in the regional championship.
- Winners will be selected from the Regional Science Championship for each category and awards will be distributed.
For more details, please visit: