The International Olympiad of Mathematics (IOM),
a test of competence and proficiency in Mathematics, is held annually at the national and international levels based on syllabus prescribed by CBSE/ICSE and the State Boards. Apart from syllabus, a part of test paper is based on mental ability and reasoning.
All the students of classes 1st to 12 are eligible to take part in Level 1
Top 500 Olympiad rank holders of the 1st Level from each class will compete for top positions in a 2nd level examination. All class 1st rank holders (with a minimum of 75% marks) with a minimum participation of 75 students are also eligible for 2nd level Examination.
Olympiad 1st Rank Holders of classes 6th to 12th from 2nd level will be eligible for Level 3. Level 3 will be conducted at New Delhi, India.
Fee Structure and Study Material
For schools outside India: The participation fee for the Olympiad is USD$6 per student. The cost of Preparatory Text Book (USD$3), Question paper Booklet (USD$3) and Mathematics Olympiad Excellence Guide (USD$10) is not included in the fee.
For schools in India: Participation fee for the Olympiad is Rs.120/- per student.
For Payment mode in India and Abroad, please refer to the ‘School Registration Form’.
Prizes for Students
- Top 2 Students of the 3rd level participants will be sent for educational excursion abroad.
- Olympiad 1st rank holder of 11th and 12th will be awarded with a cash prize of Rs. 51,000/- each.
- 1st Olympiad rank holder from classes 1st to10th will be awarded with a Tab along with a Winner’s Trophy.
- 2nd Olympiad rank holder in each class will be awarded with a Digicam along with a Winner’s Trophy.
- 3rd Olympiad rank holder in each class will be awarded with a cash Prize of Rs. 5000/- along with a Winner’s Trophy.
- 4th to 10th Olympiad rank holders in each class will be awarded with wrist watches.
- 11th to 25th Olympiad rank holders in each class will be awarded with exciting Gift.
- 26th to 200th Olympiad rank holders in each class will be awarded with the topper achievement certificate.
- Class Topper 1st, 2nd and 3rd rank holders of every class of each school will be awarded with Gold, Silver and Bronze medals respectively, provided the topper obtains at least 50% marks.
- As iOM 2014 is being organized at National and International level, due to various reasons, it is not possible to conduct the Olympiad on a specific single date. The Mathematics Olympiad will be conducted on 19th November 2014 and 02nd December 2014. Please decide the date which is suitable to your school.
- You may opt for either 19th November 2014 or 02nd December 2014 as your International Olympiad of Mathematics date. However, for both the dates, last date for registration will remain 30th September 2014 only.
- The Result of the 1st Level will be available at www.olympiads.asia in the month of January 2015.
- The 2nd Level will be conducted in the month of Jan/Feb 2015. The Awards, prizes and certificates will be sent to the school within 3 to 4 weeks after the declaration of result at our website.
- All the participants will be awarded with the Student Participation Certificate (SPC).
- Level 3 will be conducted in the Month of July/August 2015 at New Delhi.
The Venue of the 1st level Olympiad will be the school itself, 2nd Level will be City Centre/Your School; whereas 3rd level will be conducted at New Delhi.