Society of Science Education, a registered organization, founded and run by experts in Science, Education and media, presents the International Olympiad of Science (iOS)
with the objective of promoting Science Talents in India and abroad. The organization actively promotes Science education through workshops, seminars, refresher courses, Science Olympiads at the national and international levels. SSE is supported by Silver Zone, New Delhi. Silver Zone is an ISO 9001:2000 Certified organization devoted to the field of IT and education.
All the students of classes 1st to 12 are eligible to take part in Level 1
Top 500 Olympiad rank holders of the 1st Level from each class will compete for top positions in a 2nd level examination. All class 1st rank holders (with a minimum of 75% marks) with a minimum participation of 75 students are also eligible for 2nd level Examination.
Olympiad 1st Rank Holders of classes 6th to 12th from 2nd level will be eligible for Level 3. Level 3 will be conducted at New Delhi, India.
Fee Structure and Study Material
For schools outside India: The participation fee for the Olympiad is USD$6 per student. Study Material (For Classes 1st to 10th): The cost of Preparatory Text Book (USD$3), Question paper Booklet (USD$3) and Science Olympiad Excellence Guide (USD$10) is not included in the fee.
For schools in India: The participation fee for the Olympiad is Rs.120/- per student.
For Payment mode in India and Abroad, please refer to the ‘School Registration Form’.
Prizes for Students
- Top 2 Students of the 3rd level participants will be sent for educational excursion abroad.
- Olympiad 1st rank holder of 11th and 12th will be awarded with a cash prize of Rs. 51,000/- each.
- 1st Olympiad rank holder from classes 1st to10th will be awarded with a Tab along with a Winner’s Trophy.
- 2nd Olympiad rank holder in each class will be awarded with a Digicam along with a Winner’s Trophy.
- 3rd Olympiad rank holder in each class will be awarded with a cash Prize of Rs. 5000/- along with a Winner’s Trophy.
- 4th to 10th Olympiad rank holders in each class will be awarded with wrist watches.
- 11th to 25th Olympiad rank holders in each class will be awarded with exciting Gift.
- 26th to 200th Olympiad rank holders in each class will be awarded with the topper achievement certificate.
- Class Topper 1st, 2nd and 3rd rank holders of every class of each school will be awarded with Gold, Silver and Bronze medals respectively, provided the topper obtains at least 50% marks.
- As iOS 2014 is being organized at National and International level, due to various reasons, it is not possible to conduct the Olympiad on a specific single date. The Science Olympiad will be conducted on 26th November 2014 and 09th December 2014. Please decide the date which is suitable to your school.
- You may opt for either 26th November 2014 or 09th December 2014 as your International Olympiad of Science date. However, for both the dates, last date for registration will remain 31st August 2014 only.
- The Result of the 1st Level will be available at www.olympiads.asia in the month of January 2015.
- The 2nd Level will be conducted in the month of Jan/Feb 2015. The Awards, prizes and certificates will be sent to the school within 3 to 4 weeks after the declaration of result at our website.
- All the participants will be awarded with the Student Participation Certificate (SPC).
- Level 3 will be conducted in the Month of July/August 2015 at New Delhi.
The Venue of the 1st and 2nd Level Olympiad will be the school itself; whereas 3rd level will be conducted at New Delhi.