The Smart Kid General Knowledge Olympiad,
a test of competence and proficiency in General Knowledge, (Based on subjects like History, Geography, General Science, Current affairs and sport etc.) is held annually at the national level based on syllabus prescribed by CBSE/ICSE and the State Boards. Detailed syllabus with Sample question paper is provided at official website. Please refer the Books published by Silver zone for the preparation of SKGKO. SSE recommends the competition for each and every student in the school.
About The Test
The language medium is English only. The examination is being conducted for all classes from 1st to 10th with the following details.
- For Classes 1-2: There will be 40 questions and the duration will be of 60 Minutes.
- For Classes 3-10: There will be 40 questions and the duration will be of 60 Minutes.*
The details of the manner in which the test is to be conducted will be sent with the question papers. The questions will be of objective type in nature with multiple choice answers. There is no negative marking. For all classes OMR answer sheets will be provided.
Participants from Class 3rd to 10th will be required to complete the test between a minimum of 40 minutes and a maximum of 60 minutes. Answer sheets cannot be submitted before the completion of 40 minutes. Participants should try to submit the answer sheet, with maximum correct answers, at the earliest after the end of 40 minutes to get the benefit of the third tie-breaker** rule. The invigilator is expected to write the correct time in the appropriate space provided in the answer sheet. As time is the third, not the first/second tie-breaker rule, students are requested to focus on achieving maximum correct answers in an optimum time.
Each question may not carry the same mark. In case of tie-up, preference will be given to the student who has attempted a greater number of questions correctly. The second preference will be given to the following respect: First computer related question and then mental ability, reasoning and Mathematics. The third preference will be given to the student, who has submitted the answer sheet earlier than the other/s. Should the tie-up still exist, a telephonic interview will be conducted with the participants.
- 1st Olympiad rank holder from classes 1st to10th will be awarded with a Tab along with a Winner’s Trophy.
- 2nd Olympiad rank holder in each class will be awarded with a Digicam along with a Winner’s Trophy.
- 3rd Olympiad rank holder in each class will be awarded with a Mobile Phone along with a Winner’s Trophy.
- 4th to 10th Olympiad rank holders in each class will be awarded with wrist watches.
- 11th to 25th Olympiad rank holders in each class will be awarded with exciting Gift.
- 26th to 200th Olympiad rank holders in each class will be awarded with the topper achievement certificate.
- Class Topper 1st, 2nd and 3rd rank holders of every class of each school will be awarded with Gold, Silver and Bronze medals respectively, provided the topper obtains at least 50% marks.