A Central Counseling Board (CCB-2012), National Institute of Technology, Rourkela is going to conduct centralized counseling for admissions to UG degree programs in Engineering / Technology and Architecture / Planning in respect of all NITs, several IIITs, IIITDMS, SPAs and other Institutions for the academic session 2012 – 2013.
Counseling and seat allotment through CCB (AIEEE - 2012)
Tentative Admission Schedule:
- Online Registration
Open for all candidates eligible candidates. Please visit www.ccb.nic.in
- Choice Filling and Locking
All registered candidates can fill their choice of branches and institutes and lock the choices. This choice list is used for the first three rounds of allotment. In the fourth round, candidates can make online choice modifications and lock them again.
Eligible candidates who did not register before first round are permitted to register after third round also. Candidates should fill choice of branches and institutes in their order of preferences.
- Online Seat Allotment
Seat allotment is done based on the candidates All India Rank (AIR), category, preference of choices and availability of desired seats etc. The seat allotment results will be available online at www.ccb.nic.in only.
- Online Fee Payment
Candidates who have been allotted seats can choose to pay the initial fee of Rs. 35,000/ for OP, OBC and Rs.25,000/- for SC, ST category candidates through Demand Draft (DD) or can also pay through electronic mode. More details regarding modes of fee payment would be provided in the CCB-2012 brochure. The remaining part of the fees is to be deposited at the institute during admission. Candidates who get selected in “Spot Round” will be given automatic admission on selection in CFIs. They need to pay a higher amount [Rs. 40,000/- for SC/ST and Rs. 50,000/- for others] before appearing for the Spot Round, so that they need not pay anything at the time of joining the classes. Any difference to be paid or refunded will be adjusted by the joining Institute in Spring semester.
All candidates who have been allotted a seat will be required to physically report to anyone of the reporting centers (RCs) for documents verification, initial fee payment, to give option for upgradation of choices and to collect the provisional admission letter.
- Surrendering of Allotted Seat
If a candidate is not satisfied with the allotted seat after the third round and does not wish to get admitted to the allotted institute, but still wishes to remain in consideration for further rounds of allotment, can surrender his/her present allotment at the same RC where reporting was done and be eligible for further rounds, as applicable. He/ she can also fill fresh choices, if desired.
- Cancellation of Allotted Seat
A candidate at any stage can cancel his/ her allotted seat. Details will be available in the CCB -2012 information brochure.
- Admission to Allotted Institute
Candidate should go to the allotted institute for completing the admission formalities and candidate choices for up-gradation within the admitted institute, if desired.
- Internal Sliding
Internal sliding will be done just before the spot round amongst the candidates who have got admitted in an institute. It will be carried out centrally through CCB, based on AIR and on the basis of the branch choices given at the time of admission to the institute.
- Spot Round
Spot Round registration is open to all candidates eligible for central counseling, except those who have already been admitted to an institute through CCB. The candidate should physically report at any one of the RCs for spot round registration. Only vacant seats displayed after internal sliding will be available for spot round allotment. Spot round allotment results will be available at www.ccb.nic.in In contrast with CCB-2011, candidates selected for Centrally Funded Institutes (CFIs) will be given automatic admission on selection. They will straight proceed to the Institute for attending classes. The fee collected will also be a little higher, Rs.40,000/- for SC/ST candidates and Rs.50,000/- for others. Candidates selected to Self-Financed Institutes (SFIs) will be given provisional admission and be required to report to the Institute, pay the difference in fees and get final admission.
- Additional Round
More admission rounds, if necessary, may be conducted depending upon the number of vacant seats after spot round allotment.
Refund of initial fees for cancellation of seat allotment will be processed only after the receipt of necessary documents at CCB headquarters.
For more details Click here
- Online Registration is From: June 16 – 25
- First Round of Seat Allotment: 27/06/2012
- Reporting Against the First Round of Allotment: June 28th – July 02nd
- Second Round Seat Allotment: 05/07/2012
- Reporting Against the Second Round of Allotment: July 6th – 10th
- Third Round of Seat Allotment: 12/07/2012
- Reporting Against Third Round of Allotment for Fresh Allottees: July 13th – 16th
- Surrendering the allotted Seat at RC: July 13th – 16th
- All Reported Candidates Proceed to Allotted Institute for Admission: July 17th – 22nd
- Fourth Round of Seat Allotment: 25/07/2012
- Candidates Allotted Seats Against Fourth Round of Allotment: July 25th – 30th
- Internal Sliding in every Institute Separately: 01/ 08/2012
- Vacancy Position Displayed on CCB Website: 02/08/2012
- Fresh Registration for Spot Round, filling up of Choices and Choice Locking at Reporting Centre: August 03rd – 06th
- Spot Round Seat Allotment and Automatic Admission to CFIs: 08/08/2012
- Reporting to allotted Institute (Self - Financed Institute Only) for Admission Against the Spot Round Allotment: August 09th – 12th
- Reporting to Class in Centrally Funded Institutes (CFIs): August 09th – 10th