PSYCHOLOGY C.S.E-Mains 2008
PAPER - I
- Write Short Notes on any Three of the following (Each one should not exceed 200 words ) :
- “Poverty and level of economic achievement as a social problem can only be explained from the psychological perspective” Comment with relevant research studies.
- Bring out the differences in the concepts of growth, maturation and development in human behaviour. Use suitable example in your answers.
- “The level at which an information is processed has a bearing on recall of that particular information.” Discuss in the light of experimental studies.
- “Grounded theory takes a case rather than variable perspective”. Elaborate this statement.
- Explain Bandura’s theory using a suitable social learning task. Extend research support to your answer.
- Can Item Response theory be called a latent trade theory? Describe the mathematical functions that are used in this theory and explain the various models related to the theory.
- Using the procedure of programmed learning, how would you conduct ‘anger-reduction’ training for a group of individuals who have been assessed high on anger? The training procedure needs to be as per the instructional design model.
- Write short notes on any three of the following in about 200 words each:
- What is the meant by ‘echoic memory’? How long does this memory last? Discuss with experimental evidence.
- Describe the PASS model of intelligence and show the grounds on which it has challenged the ‘g’ theory.
- Describe pattern of attribution that are used by persons in supporting their interaction.
- “Artificial Intelligence and cognitive psychology have a symbolic relationship”. Elaborate this statement.
- Give a comparative account of ‘Self ‘as conceived by Adler and Rogers.
- Describe the phase of language acquisition and show how critical period hypothesis explains the process of language acquisition.
- “Representational knowledge can be investigating neurocognitively through the studies of amnesia” Elaborate this statement.
PAPER - II
- Write Short Notes on any Three of the following ( Each one should not exceed 200 words ) :
- Enumerate the methods of assessing validity of a personality inventory and highlight their significance.
- Distinguish ‘alcoholism’ from ‘social drinking’ and discuss the factors contributing to alcoholism.
- Critically evaluate the research finding relating to the influence of media on aggression and violence.
- Discuss the salient features of behaviour therapy. Comment on its applicability to the Indian Community.
- Describe the various techniques used in improving memory. Discuss their merits and demerits for teaching students in undergraduate courses.
- Explain the nature and advantages of client centered therapy. Critically evaluate its utility in treating various psychological problems.
- Discuss the psychological and cognitive problems of AIDS patients. Explain the facilities essential for their rehabilitation.
- Write Short Notes on any Three of the following (Each one should not exceed 200 words):
- Describe various psychological factors contributing to violence. Suggest strategies to be used for rehabilitation of the victims.
- Discuss the psychological effects of noise pollution. Support your answer with recent research finding.
- Discuss various rights of consumers. Critically evaluate the effect of consumer awareness on consumer behaviour.
- How can media contribute to prosocial behaviour by applying principle of psychology.
- Discuss the role of information technology in the process of formal education. Critically evaluate its effectiveness for motivating a learner.
- Discuss and critically evaluate the contribution of military psychology in defence.
- Discuss the contribution of David McCleland in the field of motivation. Discuss the salient feature of conducive environment for enhancement of achievement motivation.