.:: Government of Kerala: B.Tech Lateral Entry Course ::.
Applications are invited for the admission into B.Tech Lateral Entry Course at The Department of Technical Education, Government of Kerala for the Academic Year 2012.

  • Candidates who have passed Diploma in Engineering awarded by the State Board of Technical Education or Equivalent after undergoing regular course of three years study in an approved institution are eligible for admission.
  • Those who are appearing for the final year diploma examination are also eligible to apply.
  • Maximum age as on the last date of submission of application will be 28 years.
  • Non-Keralities are also eligible to apply but their admission will be restricted to the Private Self financing institutions & non-Government seats in the Government controlled Self-financing institutions.
    Reservation of seats:
  • 15% of seats under Lateral Entry are reserved as Management seats in Aided Engineering Colleges and remaining 85% will be allotted as Government seats.
  • Communal reservation for candidate belonging to Socially and Educationally Backward Classes(SEBC) and SC/ST category will be followed as per usual norms(Ezhava-9%,Muslim-8%,Latin Catholic other than Anglo Indian-2%,B.H- 5%,Backward Christian-1%,Kudumbi-1%,Scheduled Caste-8% and Scheduled Tribe- 2%).
  • 3% seats are reserved for physically disabled candidates. Candidates claiming reservation under physically disabled quota shall have a minimum of 40% disability.
  • One seat each is reserved for Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering and Information Technology branch for Defence quota.
  • 80% of the available seats in Information Technology branch are reserved for the Diploma Holders in Information Technology.
Entrance Examination:
A state level OMR based objective type Entrance Test for duration of 2 hours will be conducted by The Joint Controller of Technical Examinations, Kaimanam, Thiruvananthapuram for the selection.
Admit Cards for the Examination can be downloaded from website: www.dtekerala.gov.in / www.tekerala.org
The Entrance Test will be on selected subjects of first year B.Tech course
Candidates should secure a minimum of 15% marks in the entrance test to become eligible for the inclusion in the rank list.

How to Apply:
Application forms and prospectus are available in the websites www.dtekerala.gov.in , www.tekerala.org
Application fee is Rs.750/- for general candidates and Rs.375/- - for SC/ST candidates, which can be paid in ‘Shakti Account’ of the Joint Controller of Technical Examination from any branch of State Bank of Travancore.

ST candidates whose annual income is below Rs.40, 000/- are exempted from paying application fee on condition that they produce income certificate for the same.

Important Dates:
  • Online Registration From: 12/01/2012 to 11/02/2012 Up to 5.00 pm
  • Last Date for the Submission of Application Form: 25/02/2012 by 5.00 pm
  • Downloading of Hall Tickets form the Website: 21/04/2012 to 27/04/2012
  • Date of Examination: 28/04/2012 From 10.00 am to 12.00 pm
  • Publication of Result: 10/05/2012
For more details Click here
Related Topics..