Schools / Departments and Specializations:
1. School of Engineering & Technology (Department of Mechanical Engineering jointly with Department of Electrical Engineering): Mechatronics
2. School of Basic Sciences (Departments of Mathematics) jointly with School of Engineering & Technology (Department of Computer Science & Engineering): Mathematics and Computing
3. School of Basic Sciences (Departments of Physics jointly with Department of Chemistry): Nanoscience and Technology
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/ Technology/ M.Sc. or equivalent professional degrees (AMIE, etc.) and having a valid GATE score.
How to Apply:
- Selection is based on performance in GATE and PI of short-listed candidates.
- Marks obtained in GATE and in personal interview will have 70% and 30% weightage respectively.
- Personal interview will be held to test the skills in basic science, engineering, and relevant areas.
- Personal interviews will be conducted at IIT Patna.
Filled in application forms complete with copies of mark sheets / certificates and a Demand Draft for Rs. 300 for General / OBC candidates and Rs. 150/- for SC/ST/PD candidates drawn in any nationalized bank and payable at Patna in favour of IIT Patna should be sent to the Assistant Registrar (Academic), Indian Institute of Technology Patna, Patliputra Colony, Patna – 800 013, Bihar.
Please mark on the top of the envelope, Application for MTech admission in “ Name of the Specialization ”.
For more details Click here
- Last Date for Issuing Application Forms: 07/05/2012
- Last Date for Submission of Application Forms: 14/05/2012