About My Family:
I hail from Husnabad, Karimnagar district. My parents Vasantha and Narayana Reddy are agriculturists.
In my 10th standard, I secured 567 marks out of 600. I completed my intermediate with 91% and B.Tech. in Civil engineering with 84% from RGUKT (IIIT) Basar. After finishing my graduation in 2015, I have joined in a private core technical company as a trainee engineer.
My Preparation Plan:
I have counted every minute, right from the release of the TSPSC AEE notification and planned accordingly, since there was only one-month time between notification and exam. I have prepared my own schedule according to my job timings. I allocated daily 2 hours for technical subjects. I preferred to refer newspapers so as to know about general awareness. As, I am good at current affairs I spent more than half of the time for preparing technical subjects. I opted and concentrated perfectly on 6 out of the 8 subjects of the syllabus for the technical part.
I didn’t take any coaching for this exam. I just followed the GATE material to tackle with the technical part. I assigned 12 days for revision of all subjects. I have applied the same preparation strategy for AE examination.
Exam Pattern was like:
Faced Interview with Confidence:
- AEE exam consists of 300 marks for technical and 150 marks for general studies & general abilities.
- AE exam consists of 150 marks for technical and 150 marks for general studies & general abilities.
Interview was cool and comfortable. It went on really well for almost 10 to 15 minutes. There were a total of 5 members in my interview board. The interviewer asked me to tell about myself and later moved on to the technical part of my stream. I have answered all the questions effectively. I sensed the board members satisfaction after my interview.
Some interview questions are:
Books I Referred:
- Tell me about rigid pavement.
- Precautions to be taken for the storage of cement.
- Telangana irrigation projects and particularly about irrigation projects in Karimnagar (since it is my native place).
- Who is your ideal person?
- Telangana irrigation redesigning projects.
- Tell me about your interests (I said news papers and reading of political news exclusively)
- How do you differentiate Telangana CM KCR with other political leaders?
I would suggest:
- GATE study material for technical part.
- Daily news papers for general studies.
- Followed Sakshi education website for current affairs and GK.
- Stick to the schedule you have prepared.
- Be strong in basics.
- Have thorough knowledge on technical subjects and go through the application aspects.