Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, IIST, Thiruvananthapuram, invites applications for admission to Dual Degree B. Tech MS, M. Tech Programmes for the year 2017.
Candidates must make sure that they satisfy the criteria given below for applying for admission to B. Tech Programmes in IIST.
How to apply:
- Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for admission in IIST.
- Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 01st Oct 1991 are eligible.
- The SC/ST and PwD Candidates must have born on or after 01st Oct 1986.
- Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate will only be considered.
- Qualifying Exam (10+2 or Equivalent):
- Candidates seeking admission to IIST should have passed their Qualifying Examination, with Physic, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects of the curium.
- Candidates belonging to GEN and OBC categories must secure an aggregate of at least 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) in the qualifying examination and those belong to SC/ST/PD should have an aggregate of at least 60% marks in PCM subjects in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/any other Qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing JEE (Main).
- In the year 2017 however, the candidates who have taken four subjects are also permitted to write JEE 2017 as an exception.
- Undergraduate programmes (B. Tech) for the year 2017 will be based on the All India Rank list (including category rank list).
- The rank list for admission to IIST will be based on 60 % weightage of score in the Joint Entrance Examination JEE (Main) - 2017 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and 40 % of normalized score in Class 12th or other qualifying examinations.
- Online application for admission to B.Tech programmes In IIST
Candidates residing abroad can remit the Registration fee through Demand Draft (DD) issued by any bank out- side India.
- The Demand Draft for the amount mentioned above should be drawn in favor of “THE REGISTRAR, IIST” payable at Thiruvananthapuram, India.
- Candidates are requested to write the Name and Registration Number on the back side of the Demand Draft (DD) and send to “The Chairman, B. Tech. Admissions-2017, Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Valiamala (P.O.), Thiruvananthapuram-695547 Kerala”, India.
- Please visit www.jeemain.nic.in for more details about the CBSE All-India rank list.
04th May, 2017.
For more details, please visit, https://www.iist.ac.in/