- An online virtual calculator will be available to examinees at the time of examination. No physical calculator will be allowed. The online virtual calculator will be put on GATE 2016 website for practice before the examination.
- After completion of GATE 2016 examination, all answer keys will be made available for dispute within a short time. Every answer key can be challenged. A nominal fee will be levied to prevent frivolous challenges.
- A new paper Petroleum Engineering (PE) is introduced in GATE 2016. With this, the total number of papers is 23.
- Examinations for all the 23 papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using the virtual keypad. Rest of the questions shall be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type.
- Biometric information (Photograph and Fingerprints) for randomly selected candidates may be captured before the start of the examination. GATE 2016 examinations will be held during forenoon and afternoon sessions on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between 30th January 2016 and 7th February 2016. Examination for some of the papers in GATE 2016 will be held in multiple sessions. Exact details regarding complete examination schedule will be notified at a later date.For GATE 2016 the entire process of filling up of application form, uploading of certificates/ documents etc., will be online and the candidates should not send any hard copy of their application form/ documents etc., to IISc or any of the IIT’s zonal GATE office.
- The payment of application fees would be through electronic mode online as well as through payment at bank counters using e-challan.
- The admit cards for GATE 2016 would be available through the online process only. Candidates can download their admit card from GATE 2016 website. No printed copy of admit cards will be posted to the candidates.