1. What is the programme on offer?
Sakshi School of Journalism offers one-year full-time Postgraduate Diploma Programme in Journalism.
2. What are the eligibility criteria for the programme?
A graduate in any stream from a recongised university is eligible to apply. The age limit is 30 years; on 1 March, 2018.
3. What kind of skill set should I have?
The candidates who would like to join this programme are expected to have good command over Telugu language, reasonable command over English, articulations skills and interest in the profession of journalism.
4. Should I have previous experience in journalism?
No. However, previous experience in journalism would be added advantage to the candidate.
5. What is the admission procedure?
The interested candidates have to apply for the entrance exam and get through its phases to be selected for the programme. For more details, please see our Admission Notification
6. What are the details of fees and scholarships?
The selected candidates need not pay any fee for the programme. Indeed, they will be awarded monthly stipend of Rs. 10,000 for first six months and Rs. 12,000 for rest of the six months.
7. Can I avail hostel facility during the programme?
No. Sakshi School of Journalism doesn’t provide any hostel facility. The programme participants are expected to take care of their boarding and lodging facilities.
8. Will there be any post-training contract?
Yes. Candidates shall work for Sakshi Media Group for a teunre of four years, including one year of training. The candidates who are enrolling for the Programme shall sign the contract agreement accordingly at the beginning of the programme.