Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test for the year 2018 will be conducted by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, for recruitment and promotions of Lectures/ Assistant Professors in Degree Colleges as per the University Grant Commission Regulations for the year 2018.
- Physical Education
- Political Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Journalism & Mass Communication
- Public Administration
- Computer Science & Applications
- Life Sciences
- Library & Information Science
- Social work
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Environmental Science
- Physical Sciences
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examinations from universities/institutions recognised by UGC are eligible for this Test. The Backward Classes/ SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for qualifying the test only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination OR equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of BC/ SC/ ST/ PWD(persons with disability) category candidates. Such candidates must complete their P.G degree examination within one year from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The PhD degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991(irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post graduation only. The candidates, whose post graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognised Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
1000/- for General Category, Rs.800/- for B.C. category and Rs. 500/- for SC/ ST/ PH/ VH category.
For Guidance, Current Affairs, Study Material, Syllabus & Previous Papers: Click Here
How to Apply:
Candidates can apply online only.
For more details, please visit: https://apset.net.in/eligibility.aspx
- Commencement of submission of online applications: March 26, 2018
- Last date for submission of online applications without late fee (Only Registration Fee): May 02, 2018
- With a Late fee of Rs.1,000 + Registration Fee: May 10, 2018
- With a Late fee of Rs.2,000 + Registration Fee: May 21, 2018
- With a Late fee of Rs.5,000 + Registration Fee (Examination centre at Visakhapatnam only): June 06, 2018
- Date of Examination: July 01, 2018