- The support will cover all the requirements for performing the research and will include a fellowship of Rs. 25,000/- per month for five years.
- The fellowship will be provided in addition to the salary they draw from their parent Institution. In addition to fellowship, grants for equipments, computational facilities, consumables, contingencies, national and international travel and other special requirements, if any, will be covered based on merit.
- Scientists selected for the award will be allowed to pursue unfettered research with a freedom and flexibility in terms of expenditure as approved in the research plan. The project should contain innovative research idea and it should have a potential of making impact on R&D in the discipline.
The duration of the fellowship will be for a period not exceeding five years.
- The applicant should possess PhD in Science/ Engineering/ Medicine., Scientists should be active in the frontier area of science and engineering with outstanding contributions in the form of research publications and/ or patents, peer recognition from scientific community, awards etc. in his/ her area of research.
- The fellowship is open to Indian Nationals residing in India or abroad.
- The scientists from abroad can choose to work at any S&T institution within India. However, he/ she will have to submit a letter from Head of the institution at which they wish to pursue research, stating that administrative and basic infrastructural support to facilitate research will be provided.
The institute should also undertake financial and other
management responsibilities of the project throughout the five year term in case fellowship is awarded to the scientist.
The fellowship is open to scientists between 30 to 40 years of age as on December 31, 2016.
How to apply:
Applications can be downloaded from,
The candidates may be required to submit further additional information as required and present the project idea before final selection. Only one hard copy duly forwarded and one soft copy of the complete application (to be sent over email in pdf format as a single file without annexures) in the prescribed format along with the project document should be submitted to: Jacob V. V. Scientist SJF Cell, Department of Science & Technology, Technology Bhawan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi - 110 016. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The selection procedure will include consideration at various stages. The Department constitutes a Subject Committee which screens applications received and calls the screened in applicants for presentation. The candidates shortlisted after presentation by the Subject Committees will have to make presentation to the National Core Committee of Experts which gives its final recommendations. An empowered Committee of Secretaries will make the final selection based on the recommendation of National Core Committee.
15th April, 2017.
For more details, please visit,