The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has invited applications for CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child for Class 11 AND 12.
The scheme has been started with an aim to promote higher education for girl child. The number of scholarships may vary every year.
Last date: October 18, 2019
- As it is a merit based scholarship, students would be selected on the basis of marks acquired in Class 10th boards.
- In order to participate, students need to at least score 60 percent or more marks.
- Students should be from CBSE affiliated schools.
- The applicant should be an only child.
- Candidates have to follow the format given on the website for affidavit.
- Further school principal has to attest the required documents as the student enters Class 11 clearing Class 10.
- Tuition fee should not be more than Rs 1,500 per month in Class 10 and 10% enhancement for Class 11 and 12.
- NRI candidates are also eligible with a tuition fee of Rs 6,000 per month.
- The scholarship will only be awarded to Indian nationals.
- Those who appeared in Class 10 boards in 2019 are eligible to apply.
- Students are eligible for other assets given by school Scholarship.
- The students will be Rs 500 per month
- The students can get the scholarship for a maximum period of two years
How to apply: Candidates can visit the official website, http://cbse.nic.in/Scholarship/Webpages/Guidelines%20and%20AF.html