The Department of Science & Technology, ASEAN (Association of South East Asian Nations), India, invites applications for ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship (AI-RTF) programme.
The AIRTF scheme is a fellowship scheme with the following objectives:
Number of fellowships:
- To promote mobility of scientists and researchers from the ASEAN-Member Countries to India and provide them opportunity to work at Indian R&D/ academic institutions to upgrade their research skills and expertise.
- To facilitate exchange of information and contacts between the scientists and researchers of India and ASEAN Countries and create a network for building research collaborations.
- As a spin-off, the Fellowship awardees may also have opportunity to get co-supervisors from India for their research projects for Ph.D. or Masters degree on their return to their home countries.
Initially to start with 50 (fifty) Fellowships per year
two to six months.
Area of research:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Biological and Medical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences & Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Physical Sciences and Mathematics
- Ocean, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Materials, Minerals and Metallurgy
- Science Policy / IPR Management / Technology Transfer & Commercialisation
- Other multi-disciplinary areas of Science, Technology and Innovation in alignment with APASTI.
How to apply:
- Applicant must be holding nationality of any of the ASEAN Member State.
- Possess at-least a Masters Degree in any Natural Sciences or an equivalent degree in Technology / Engineering / Medicine / allied disciplines.
- Applicant should be working / studying and / or affiliated to any national R&D or academic institution in his/ her home ASEAN Member country. The application should be endorsed by the Head of his/ her institution confirming that if selected, he/ she will be sanctioned leave for the Fellowship period and will join his/ her duties back in the institution on completion of the Fellowship in India.
- The upper age limit for the applicant is 45 years as on date of submission of application.
- The Applicants who have already availed Research Training Fellowship (RTF) are not eligible to apply again.
- Fluency in English language
- Indian nationals are not eligible for the Fellowship.
- Applicants who have availed any fellowship scheme of Government of India during last 5 years are not ELIGIBLE to apply.
Applicants can apply online mode only
throughout the year there are two cycles of ending.
For more details, please visit, https://aistic.gov.in/ASEAN/aistdfFellowship
- 31st December, 2019.
- 30th June, 2020.