National Institute of Immunology (NII), invites applications for its PhD programme. Cutting-edge research at the institute encompasses broad interdisciplinary areas.
Areas of research,
- Infection and Immunity;
- Genetics, Molecular, and Cellular Biology;
- Chemical, Structural, and Computational Biology;
- Reproduction and Development.
Reservations of seats:
- M.Sc. in any branch of Science (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics) M. Tech., M.B.B.S., M. V. Sc., M. Pharm. or equivalent qualification as per the norms of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi.
- At least 60% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Senior the Secondary Certificate (10+2), Bachelor's & Master's degree the is required. Due relaxations in aggregate score will be applicable to SC/ST candidates. Rounding off of percentage 725000/- score to next integral value is not permitted.
- Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination this academic year are eligible to apply; they will be admitted provisionally pending satisfactory fulfillment of the above requirements at the time of joining.
15% for SC, 7.5% for ST, 27% for NII OBC (non-creamy layer) and 3% for Physically Handicapped as per statutory norms.
How to apply:
Online application fee is Rs. 1500/- for (GEN/OBC/PH) and Rs. 250/-SC/ ST. Candidates should submit applications for admission through either of the two CHANNELS using admission portal. Candidates can apply online at, https://www.nii.res.in
NII will select candidates for the PhD programme through the following CHANNELS.
- Entrance Exam to be conducted by NII at five different centers - New Delhi, Hyderabad, Pune, Kolkata and Guwahati on February 19, 2017 (Sunday)
- Joint Graduate Entrance Examination in Biology and
- Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS-2017) to be held on 11th December 2016).
- Candidates applying through this channel must submit a separate application to NII, NewDelhi, along with application fee, indicating their JGEEBILS hall ticket number.
- Candidates must appear in at least one of the two examinations mentioned above. Candidates will be short-listed for an interview based on their scores NII Entrance Examination or JGEEBILS-2017.
- The list of candidates short-listed for interviews shall be available on the website as well as on the Notice Board Of the institute by March 31, 2017.
- Interviews will be held at the National Institute of) Immunology, New Delhi from 14"to 16" June, 2017.
- Candidates selected after the interviews will be enrolled for the PhD programme of NII in academic affiliation with JNU,New Delhi. Candidates joining the programme will be paid second class train fare on providing the proof of journey.
10th January, 2017.
For more details, please visit, https://www.nii.res.in